Saturday, June 26, 2010

And Isn't It Ironic... Don't You Think

No, I am not going to be writing about how I have 10,000 spoons when all I need is a knife; however, what I will write about I can't promise won't be just as lame as those lyrics from that Alanis Morissette song that I used to love oh so many years ago. I have just been finding a lot of irony in my life lately. Here's just a few of my thoughts:

So remember how I wanted Roxey to roll over so badly. Well, now she does it instantaneously once I place her on her stomach, so now I am stressing that she won't learn to crawl because she is never on her stomach and she will always have a flat head.

I have lived in this neighborhood almost a year now and I barely know my neighbors, so I decided to go to our swimming pool in order to meet people and yet Roxey and I were alone the entire hour! That is unheard of at our neighborhood pool. Needless to say, I didn't meet anyone new, but Roxey sure had fun.

As you may know, I have quit teaching and next week I will go to clean out my classroom. I don't know if I will ever go back to teaching and yet I don't want to give away/sell any of my resources just because of the premise that I might go back.

I have complained about having to go and put Roxey's binky back in during naps or sleeping, so about a month ago Jord suggested that we stop swaddling her so that she could learn to put her binky back in. Instead, she has now learned to take it out on purpose, I think just to have me come visit.

We just put in our grass, which looks fabulous by the way, and yet I can't think of a single thing that we plan to do on it other than having to mow it. Sorry Jord. So I guess we are left just enjoying how green it looks knowing how much green it took to get it there.

We have many willing baby sitters to watch Roxey and yet we don't want to spend the money to go out on a date.

Though I truly do feel great, I will have had to see four different doctors (with multiple visits) to try and help rectify the ramifications of having a baby.

Surprisingly, I gained a lot of weight with my pregnancy and am for the first time in my life having to work hard to lose the weight, only I like the new clothes that I had to break down and buy because nothing else was fitting, so I don't necessarily want to go back to my old rags.

My father is a dentist and yet I am mortified to go in and see the nice man because during my pregnancy and nursing, I ate constantly (who are we kidding, I still do) and didn't take the time to brush my teeth.

Roxey is a homebody and finds it hard to sleep on the run. The one place that I virtually can never get her to sleep is at church, despite the fact that it is suppose to be the most reverent place.

I promise, I am trying to form new hobbies so that my thoughts can be consumed by other things; however, ironically enough I own a sewing machine and don't know how to use it and anytime I sit down to read a supposedly good book (I would never know because I don't get that far into them), I inevitably think of something else that I need to be doing around the house. Regardless, life is good in the Sorensen household. We feel greatly blessed and hope all is well with you too! Thanks for reading my ramblings.

2 comments:

Boni said...

I liked reading your ramblings! I also have a sewing machine that I don't know how to use, good thing Brad does. It was good to see you the other day! Loved seeing Roxey, what a cutie!!! You guys are doing an awesome job as parents, just wanted you to know that. :)

Heather said...

I really should get on your blog more often! I hadn't read the last few posts. I'll add you to Google Reader right now. Anyway, life is ironic isn't it? You are going to continue to find that in parenting. You can't wait for your baby to eat solids, then when they do, you realize how much more messy and time-consuming feeding has become. You'll spend so much time trying to teach your baby to walk and then when they finally do, you'll curse yourself because you now have to baby-proof the home and constantly have to chase them, especially at church. The list could go on and on. I'm not trying to depress you, just letting you see you are "normal". Thanks for your ramblings!