This last week was full of excitement. We had a wonderful reunion with my side of the family up at Wolf Creek, which I will post later when I have all the photos; however, I do want to talk about our first day all together. We were able to get almost everyone together to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was amazing and beautiful and so fun to see all of my nieces and nephews in awe of actually being inside the temple. Afterwards my mom had put me in charge of picking a place to eat lunch since I know that area pretty well. We picked Chick-fil-A and decided that would be the perfect place and time to break the news of me being pregnant since I had my 3 month appointment with the doctor just that morning. My wonderful graphic designer of a husband concocted a survey that looked like Chick-fil-A printed it themselves and discreetly gave them to one of the employees to hand out to my family. She did a perfect job, once our meal was wrapping up, she brought the basket of mints around and asked each adult if they would be willing to take a survey. Everyone of them said yes, but I nervously watched as many of my siblings just set the paper aside. That changed very quickly once my mom read it promptly and started crying. This made everyone else curious as to the contents of the survey.

Then it was time to tell Jordan's family. Sadly his father had just left town the night before and we weren't confident in announcing until after my doctor's appointment, so we simply wrote him a note to read once he was in Alaska. As for the rest of the gang, Suzy loves to fill the front of her fridge and cabinets with photos of loved ones and uses sticky notes often as friendly reminders, so I posted our ultrasound from my last appointment and put sticky notes all over. Suzy is so used to seeing those types of things on her cabinets (not as many of course), that at first she walked right on by, that is until Nate asked if she had read them. She was on the phone at the time and the poor person on the other end got a loud scream into the receiver once she read the contents of the notes.

It was so much fun breaking the news to our families and it was even more fun to go and see our house later on that week and realize that it will not only be a wonderful place for Jordan and I, but also for our children. Exciting times! Our house is very near completion so again I will have to post them later, but we do have updated photos.
8 comments:
I am of course going to call you about this, but I just read your blog and it's 10:30 Sunday night. Every time I read your blog I hope and hope that it will have an announcement on it!!!!!!!!!!! I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER RIGHT NOW!!!!!! I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS FOR YOU FOR SO LONG NOW!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUCH AWESOME NEWS!!!!
AWESOME!!! Congrats to you both! Hope it is a great 5 months till the little bundle arrives.
Wahoo!!
Congratualtions! You both are so creative about annoucing your EXCITING news. Aaron and I could not be happier for you. I look forward to meeting your little one!
Congratulations (again) Shannon! I am so excited for you guys! Babies are such a fun adventure and I know you will love every minute of it! I'm also very glad you are staying at Butterfield Canyon this year... I know it will be a long drive, but it's going to be a great year! Congrats again Momma!
Yay for Shannon and Jordan!!! that is the best news ever! You're going to love being pregnant, at least I did :) and ofcourse you two are going to make wonderful parents! I'm so excited right now!!!
I am so glad that I decided to catch up and read blogs tonight. I am absolutely THRILLED for you two! Jordan is great at keeping secrets...I saw him a few weeks ago at Bishop Barson's farewell and he didn't even say anything. Congratulations!! I hope that everything continues to go well for you and it will be fun to see that new little one in a few months!
So many people have been asking if you are pregnant, so YAY!! We are so excited for you and Jordan;)
Post a Comment