
Well, Thursday was my last day of school, and if it weren't for Jordan I think it would have been the worst day of school. It was hard enough that we were ending on a full day rather than a half day. I was quite proud of myself and the fun activities I had planned throughout the day, but the last hour to two hours of the day were suppose to be a school wide water day, that is until is started raining. The school then simply put on a movie; however, I could not get my projector to go on. In mere minutes my class was sheer mayhem as I was trying to get the movie on. Finally, I asked my class to sit down and was hoping that by some miracle an idea would come to me to entertain them at least for 5 minutes while I figured the movie thing out, but let's get real, it was the last day of school, I was fresh out of ideas. Then in walked my miracle, Jordan. His boss had told them all to go home and get ready for the holiday weekend, and rather than going home to veg out like I think I would have, he brought me flowers and tootsie rolls for my students. He entertained them until I got a movie going. He loves playing with kids. It was kind of a boring way to end the school year, but we can't control the weather. They all gave me a group hug and as I sent them out the door, I found it hard to believe that I have now completed my 7th year of teaching.
On Friday, since my husband and I both had the day off of work, we spent it doing what we do best, eating, watching movies, eating some more, and playing games. It was a blast to be together and oddly enough for once I saw a movie that I liked the screen play better than I did the book, just a little tidbit about My Sister's Keeper for those who might want to see it.
Saturday was fun packed as we were able to go to the Stadium of Fire with Jordan's family. We couldn't believe all the Jonas Brothers' fans. Honestly, Jordan and I cheered louder once they stopped playing. (As you may tell from the video, Jord was more excited about Glenn Beck.) I don't know what all the hype is about, but then again we don't have kids. Needless to say, the fireworks were amazing and made all the waiting worth while!!!
On Friday, since my husband and I both had the day off of work, we spent it doing what we do best, eating, watching movies, eating some more, and playing games. It was a blast to be together and oddly enough for once I saw a movie that I liked the screen play better than I did the book, just a little tidbit about My Sister's Keeper for those who might want to see it.
Saturday was fun packed as we were able to go to the Stadium of Fire with Jordan's family. We couldn't believe all the Jonas Brothers' fans. Honestly, Jordan and I cheered louder once they stopped playing. (As you may tell from the video, Jord was more excited about Glenn Beck.) I don't know what all the hype is about, but then again we don't have kids. Needless to say, the fireworks were amazing and made all the waiting worth while!!!
Then finally, on Sunday we were able to celebrate my mother's birthday. For her sake, I won't mention her age, but I do have to say she looks fantastic for her age! We selfishly gave her games for the adults and grandkids to play now that their basement is finished and we can all hangout together down there.
2 comments:
Hello stranger! I saw your house and I am so excited for you to move into my sister's ward. She loves it up there and I know you will too. I will be blog stalking you and its okay to admit to screaming for Jonas, I do :)
Hi there! I saw My Sister's Keeper over the holiday weekend as well and I totally loved it and didn't mind that as I walked out of the movie that my eyes were bright red and mascara was all over my face. :) How are you guys? We need to go to dinner or something.
Post a Comment