Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bitter Sweet

So in the last two weeks, I have headed back to Herriman for two baby showers for my close friends Sarah and AnnMarie. It was so exciting to be there and fun to think that we are finally having babies within months of each other after what we have been through, but it was also hard to go there and be surrounded again by all the wonderful people in our old ward we had to leave behind. We loved our Legacy Ranch Ward so much and it is amazing to see how things have changed and progressed for so many out there in the short time that we have been away. I would like to think that we have progressed too. We are six months pregnant now, our new house is somewhat in order, and we are taking "baby steps" towards preparing for January. We have had fun visitors come over and if you haven't come yet, well then shame on you and we need to do it soon. This last weekend we had the Furner's and the Wood's over for dinner and games which compelled us to tidy up the place a little, so I took advantage of that and shot some photos of our home now decorated. Of course I am itching to still do a million things with the place, but I have told myself that any further money expenditures must be spent on the baby. Speaking of which, I am going to slip in a picture of AnnMarie, Sarah, and I and our cute baby bellies.



Notice there is not a picture of the nursery. That is definately a work in progress, but my sweet mother has agreed to make the crib bedding, so the ball should get rolling here pretty soon! Therefore, to be continued...

4 comments:

Boni said...

Yay, finally a belly picture...I've been meaning to call you to come over, but I didn't know if you wanted visitors yet, 'cause I thought you might be busy unpacking. Now I know, so I'll be over soon :)

Jill Knotwell said...

Your house is so cute! Hopefully the next time I am at my sister's house you will be home and I can get the tour.

Bethany said...

Everything thing looks perfect already! Including your tummy!

Tiffany said...

Shannon! It's your old teacher friend, Tiffany. I think you have an adorable baby belly and I am SOoooOo excited for you and Jordan. Now let's see some pictures of that nursery. Congrats!

ps I love the creative way you sisters always tell your family your preg.