Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I can't believe another year has come and gone and surprisingly I am still unashamed to say my age. I recently turned 31 and as always I felt so spoiled. The Sunday before my birthday, we had a wonderful dinner with my side of the family, which is always fun because I get to share the celebration with my niece and nephew, Will and Sophia. On my actual birthday, my sister invited Jordan and I over for dinner, which was delicious and a relief to both Jordan and I that we didn't have to worry about cooking dinner after a long work day. Okay, let's be honest, Jord was relieved, he has been doing the cooking around here lately! What a husband! Then the following Sunday we celebrated with Jordan's family, where they all pitched in and made a fabulous dinner, can you tell I am in love with food right now. I am definately eating for two!

Anyhow, everyone gave me a hard time, but when asked what I wanted for my birthday, I simply said, "Anything baby!" Well, my wish was granted as I received a pack 'n play, baby monitors, onesies, binkies, tights, books, and the list could go on and on of cute baby items that were gifted to me. Others found that foolish and so kindly spoiled ME with hand-made watches, maternity clothes, gift cards, and Jord's gift was quite unique. He had grown tired of me hoisting my pregnant self up onto the bathroom counter every morning in order to put my make-up on, so he bought me a vanity mirror and a little seat. It is the cutest thing, though we both agree that something has to be done about the color.


It was a fantastic birthday and also commemorated entering into the third trimester of my pregnancy. It's all down hill from here!

1 comment:

Jill Knotwell said...

You are the cutest prego! Good luck and I will have to bring your gift for your shower to your house when I am up at my sisters.