Thursday, November 19, 2009
Pat on the Back
I have been pretty hard on myself lately, so it's time I give myself a pat on the back. Feelings of inadequacy have taken over my life between worrying about whether I will be a good mom, teaching a sub par lesson in Relief Society, not being able to sew or make a darn thing for my future child, not having the desire or energy to cook, and therefore being left with the wonderment of what on earth my talents are! Oddly enough I rediscovered one talent I have this last week and that is to do simple canvas drawings. (Note the emphasis on the word simple.) One of my co-workers had her first son a year ago in January and over lunch was venting that she has not been able to do any wall hangings for his nursery. I told her about how I did some canvases for my sister's twins, so she asked if I could do that for her son. Now that I am off track, I finally got around to painting them, and it was a fun and fulfilling experience.
5 comments:
Shannon, they are so wonderful! You deserve a HUGE pat on the back! And you have many talents...don't forget that!
Those canvas drawings are cute cute CUTE. Way to go and I am positive you will be a wonderful mother. Enjoy the ride:)
SHANNON!!! You are wonderful, fantastic, and soooo talented!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I haven't had a chance to tell you that. Everyone that has seen them has gone nuts over them, especially Baylor! We took pictures of him looking at them because he gets all excited and smiles. His favorite is the white with the polka dots. Anyhow, I owe you big time. I'm so glad you posted them so everyone could see and so I could tell you before you come back to school how much I love them! You're the BEST!!!
Those are so stinkin cute! Maybe when we have our baby in May you can paint up some fun for me :)
love, love them! i'm sure your friend does too. and with the coordinating quilt?! awesome!
p.s. when searching for you blog and kept typing shannonandjordan.blogspot.com and was really confused. you should check it out. ha ha!
Post a Comment