Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our Little Gumby

Here's Roxey at 4 months, and you know what that means...
Another doctor's visit. She checked out just great and weathered the shots even better than last time. We have had a few friends say that their pediatrician told them they could start solids as early as 4 months, so in preparation, we started to use Roxey's bumbo in the mornings while I would wash her face and hands. (That's why she is in her pjs in each picture, I promise I do dress her... occasionally!)
Well, in the beginning, she was as happy as a clam, then our little gumby would arch her way out of the chair, so desperate times call for desperate measures. Many people suggested that we buy a chair that can just attach to one of our kitchen chairs, but with how this girl moves, I figured we needed a tall back, so we purchased a high chair. Anyhow, turns out that our pediatrician says to wait to introduce solids until she's 6 months old. Jordan was devastated, he can't wait. She also said that she shouldn't go into a swimming pool until then also, but we are going to pretend like we didn't hear that! We are just too excited for summer to come! Now if the weather would just cooperate.

"Sunny day, sweepin' the clouds away..." (Roxey loves to watch Seasame Street with her dad.) For those of you my age, do you remember that gal on Seasame Street that would always sit in the big rocking chair? This picture made me think of it.

3 comments:

Boni said...

I think it's fine to start solids at 6 months, 'cause it's so messy and double the work, and if it's not necessary, you don't need to! :) She's a cutie, love her smile!

Bethany said...

I love the gumbi shot! What a silly girl! And the video of her laughing is priceless! She knows what she likes!

kaori said...

Ahhh, I remember when my little guy was on that bumbo seat at the first time... his thigh was so big that it was hard to put him in. lol

I have to second peds and Boni's opinion about solids food. It's easier to wait for parents and this will help to avoid developing some food allergies as well. =)