Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Women Be Shoppin'

When entering motherhood, I was half prepared for the fact that I wouldn't fit into my pants right away. Now it has been four months, and I am wondering if I ever will. Whatever. What I would have never imagined though was that my tops wouldn't fit either. And no, not for the reason that I have hoped for all my life, but because my ribcage expanded. I mean who's does that?! Anyhow, after a meltdown in my closet because I can't wear anything in there, Jordan told me I had to breakdown and buy new clothes. I hate to spend money on myself, especially now, but it was all too necessary this time. So on Saturday I headed up to the outlets, and after striking gold at Banana Republic, I couldn't help but buy a few things on mega sale for Roxey.
Once I got home, I was showing Jordan the things I had purchased. Roxey could have cared less, that is until I got to her items, and she began to laugh. We were slow to capture it on film and I truly hate how I sound, but her laughter just makes my heart melt.

3 comments:

Boni said...

It is weird not being able to fit in the pants again. It took me about 5 or 6 months and then I fit in most, but my hips expanded and some shrunk! Oh, well.

Heather said...

I heard from my friend that Banana had some great stuff. Too bad I don't have any extra cash right now or I'd head up there too. Roxey's laugh was great, can't wait to hear it in person.

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

There is nothing better than baby giggles! She is so adorable and the best part... she's excited because she got new clothes!!! A girl after my own heart :)

And it's good they are so stinkin' adorable because they do wicked things to your body. Good they're worth it ;)