Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here we go again... Part 2

Who knew there would be a part two to my last post, but in a nutshell it is that Roxey digressed and we wound up at the ICU at Primary Children's. It was very tough, but thanks to a lot of prayers we got out of there earlier than the doctor had said initially which has allowed us to enjoy time with my family before my brother's wedding. It is hard for me to see Roxey struggle with this being an asthmatic myself, I know how she feels; however, I never had it this bad, especially at 19 months. She is pretty tough, and I can't believe how she bounced back. This time around we asked for a bed rather than a crib so that I could lay beside her because in the beginning she wouldn't keep her mask on that she had to wear continuously. Even once I didn't have to hold her mask, it was still fun to be right beside her. When she started to get back to her normal self, at 2 a.m. she turned to me and said (while doing the sign too which made it all the more cute) "milk". That let me know she was hungry and had her appetite back. Later that morning I we got her some crackers and she devoured them. It warmed my heart to see her getting back to her old self. This time around we made sure Jordan went to work, because if you can recall, the last time she was in the hospital, he got laid off, so we weren't risking anything. Jordan was a huge help even though he wasn't there much, and I loved having that one on one time with my sweet little girl.

1 comment:

Boni said...

Poor Roxey, so sorry you guys have had to go through so much. Spending the night in the hospital is not fun, I should've shared a bed with Alex, but I didn't think of that. Good idea. Hope she keeps on progressing!