My biggest regret is doing the alphabet in green. I wish it stood out more. Oh well, it's done. So far Roxey only recognizes the Brown Bear book which she loves, but I hope in time she will grow fond of the rest! I love children's books! What are some of your kids' favorites?
Friday, August 26, 2011
Finished at last...
So back in the good ol' days when we had a little extra money, I decided I would periodically do small projects to help keep me busy. I did a sewing one which was fun to then turn around and give as a gift. Then this canvas idea came to me. I got started on it right away; however, it has taken me a year to finish it. Reasons- usually it's money, but this time around all that was left was the computer stuff which would essentially be free. Sadly, I don't know how to do the simpliest things in Photoshop. My next project will hopefully be to learn Photoshop so that I don't have to bug Jordan for his help anymore! My sister-in-law found a program online, taught herself and now has a thriving design business on Etsy. Check is out: www.greysquare.etsy.com. I envy her gumption and wish that money issues wouldn't hold me back from accomplishing things. Oh well, it's just a phase right. Feels like an extremely long one, but Jordan and I joke around that some day we will be able to look back on this time and laugh. Anyhow, here's the canvas:
My biggest regret is doing the alphabet in green. I wish it stood out more. Oh well, it's done. So far Roxey only recognizes the Brown Bear book which she loves, but I hope in time she will grow fond of the rest! I love children's books! What are some of your kids' favorites?
My biggest regret is doing the alphabet in green. I wish it stood out more. Oh well, it's done. So far Roxey only recognizes the Brown Bear book which she loves, but I hope in time she will grow fond of the rest! I love children's books! What are some of your kids' favorites?
2 comments:
Yay! I'm glad you finished it. It turned out great! I'll have to come over and see it in person.
I love, love your alphabook canvas. To answer your questions about my themed weeks. I have a plan for all 52 weeks. I take some weeks off, but try to do them each week as time allows. It is super simple set up Monday:Song, Tuesday:Craft, Wednesday:Snack, Thursday:Game, Friday:Books, Saturday:Outing, Sunday:Scripture,
I researched on preschool websites and used my own creativity. Thanks for your comment. It is always good to see you :)
Post a Comment