So as many of you know, there are pros and cons to birthdays right around Christmas. One thing I like is that I can do all my shopping at Christmas time and be sittin' pretty for when her birthday rolls around shortly thereafter. However, she got so many things at Christmas time, that I think I've decided to make birthdays more about the celebration than the presents. (Probably should do the same for Christmas too, seeing that it is suppose to be about Christ's birth :).
Anyhow, so a few weeks ago I was thinking about a theme for Roxey's birthday and decided on Monsters, since she loves the movie Monsters Inc. and she loves scary stuff. Well, I thought a great present to go with that would be an Ugly Doll, until I saw how much they cost. Their smallest one was $10, and I know that isn't much, but I took it as a challenge to one make one for cheaper, and two make it a little less "ugly". As it turns out, not only did I make one for less than that, but I made 14! Mind you the fabric I used probably isn't the greatest quality, some of the accessories I already had, and we needed new pillows desperately, so I was able to use the filling from the old ones, and there you have it, my monsters were born and so was a fun theme for Roxey's 2nd Birthday Party!

Thanks Kate for the cute design! Check out her etsy shop Greysquare Design!
Jordan brought home huge balloons from work (one of the perks of him being a car salesman now I guess), and made a huge arch over our driveway. We had both sides of our family over for dinner and cake and ice cream. Dinner wasn't too Monster-esk with pizza and salad, so I added jello with eyeballs in them. Then I made cupcakes for the kiddies and a cake for Roxey with lots of eyeballs on it.

While the adults cleaned up and made room for our Scare Floor, the kids played hide and go seek. It was so cute!
Then we had a huge Boo door and each kid had a turn jumping out and either scaring us or doing something to make us laugh. Roxey loves to scare people, but she herself got a little scared by people's reaction to her scare. Can you blame the kid? She's used to only her parents being around, whereas last night she had upwards of 20 people watching her.

Next, we sprawled out with our monster popcorn bags in hand to watch Monster's Inc. of course. Then as her cousins would leave they got to pick which monster they wanted to take home with them.

Roxey was excited all evening in having her buddies there. I loved having our home filled with family and watching how happy it made Roxey. Her party was a bit much to take in, but boy today she can't stop talking about it.
A belated birthday present was that it finally snowed. My brother sent Roxey this cute monster winter hat; however, when it came time to go outside she insisted that she wear her other one. Maybe she already knows the importance of matching :).

What a fun birthday! We love you Roxey! You are the joy of our lives!
Jordan brought home huge balloons from work (one of the perks of him being a car salesman now I guess), and made a huge arch over our driveway. We had both sides of our family over for dinner and cake and ice cream. Dinner wasn't too Monster-esk with pizza and salad, so I added jello with eyeballs in them. Then I made cupcakes for the kiddies and a cake for Roxey with lots of eyeballs on it.
While the adults cleaned up and made room for our Scare Floor, the kids played hide and go seek. It was so cute!
Then we had a huge Boo door and each kid had a turn jumping out and either scaring us or doing something to make us laugh. Roxey loves to scare people, but she herself got a little scared by people's reaction to her scare. Can you blame the kid? She's used to only her parents being around, whereas last night she had upwards of 20 people watching her.
Next, we sprawled out with our monster popcorn bags in hand to watch Monster's Inc. of course. Then as her cousins would leave they got to pick which monster they wanted to take home with them.
Roxey was excited all evening in having her buddies there. I loved having our home filled with family and watching how happy it made Roxey. Her party was a bit much to take in, but boy today she can't stop talking about it.
A belated birthday present was that it finally snowed. My brother sent Roxey this cute monster winter hat; however, when it came time to go outside she insisted that she wear her other one. Maybe she already knows the importance of matching :).
2 comments:
Wow Shannon! I'm am so impressed! 14! You are so creative, I'll have to have you plan my kids' bday parties. :) Everything looked amazing.
you are incredile! Look at those monsters! I love them :) Roxey is the luckiest girl ever
Post a Comment