Monday, April 23, 2012

Obsessed Much

I am a slacker and have not posted in a bit.  My little jobs have kept me busy, I still clean the mortuary 3 times a week, I teach 2 dance classes and we are getting ready for our recital :), and I have been watching 2 of my nieces in the mornings 4 days a week.  My church calling has been a little intense lately too. Anyhow, my big job, being mom, has the greatest rewards!  I have fought tooth and nail to remain a stay at home mom during our financial struggles and it has been well worth it.  (Not that we are in the clear, but I keep telling myself that it can only get better from here on out!) 

Roxey has been obsessed with two things for I'd say the last three months- jigsaw puzzles, and princesses.  I kind of figured the princess thing was sure to come, but the puzzle thing has left me puzzled.  Someone asked me how she got into it, and I figure it was just because we go to the Dollar Store once a week to buy one item.  One time a while back she picked a Mickey Mouse puzzle because that was her obsession at the time, and I thought nothing of it, but she cracked it open and got right to putting it together.  She has like 8 puzzles now, they all are only 24 pieces though.  One day she insisted upon getting this princess one that had 100 pieces, that has proven to be too challenging, but maybe she can graduate to a 48 piece puzzle soon if I can find a cute one at a cheap price.

As for the princesses, she has a few princess books that she loves to have read to her, and they are long!  I will catch her reading them at times to herself and it is fun to hear her say some of the phrases or paraphrasing the story like "Then Mother Gothel wouldn't let Rapunzel out of the tower".  I also love to test her as I am reading and it doesn't matter where I pause in the story, she can usually finish the phrase.  She loves her princesses as is evidenced in the Easter photo belwo as I tried to take a picture of her with her basket and she had to have a hand on her Cinderella.  I can't wait for the day we can take her to Disneyland.  I think she will love it!


Notice, the first two things she pulled out: a puzzle and her princess dominoes!

 I know it is a tad late, but here is our beautiful family on Easter Sunday.  Wish I would have had a better one of all of us together, but oh well, Roxey's two and there's no keeping her still!
Roxey just before church.
At Jord's parents' house where there were many distractions to keep her from looking at the camera!



2 comments:

Boni said...

Good to see you post again! Love the coordinating Easter outfits! Roxey is too cute! :)

The Oborn Supremacy said...

Such a cute family amd Roxy is adorable. We'll have to do lunch soon. Where are you teaching dance? I'm looking for Bella