Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Spreading the News

Well, so you may have heard either from me or someone else that I am expecting.  If you didn't hear it from me, I'm sorry, I've just been a little nervous with this pregnancy since I had some bleeding like the entire first trimester.  That really put a damper on our end of summer activities and not being able to go and do water stuff with Roxey, but oh well.  No real explanation as to why I was bleeding other than at my last ultrasound, the doctor noticed that my placenta was divided into two pieces.  That kind of worries me, but my doctor didn't seem to be, so I will try to trust in that.  Speaking of trusting, I held on to some words of Roxey for a long time, reassuring me that things would be okay.  See the first time I started to bleed, I was only 6 weeks along and it was a Sunday, so we couldn't really do anything about it, other than worry :).  So at one point we had a family prayer and directly after it, Roxey held my face and said, "Mom, you're not having a carriage (miscarriage)!"  I thought that was so precious.

I had fun telling Jordan and Roxey that I was pregnant.  I did it during a FHE lesson very nonchalantly.  I had Roxey go and get a few items for a baby doll I was using for the lesson.  Things like a bottle and talked about how our bodies need nourishment and we should eat healthy things, a blanket helps to comfort a baby just as the Holy Ghost can make us feel safe and warm, a diaper needs to be changed when it is yucky and so do our actions if we do something wrong, and so on with a few other items relating to gospel basics.  But the last part was that I had sewn this little heart pillow and talked about how every baby needs love and our Heavenly Father loves us very much.  The pillow had a little pocket in the front in which I said there were some love notes for the two of them which let them know I was pregnant.
Jordan was so excited by the news that he wanted to tell everyone right away.  With my minor complications and Jordan's brother getting married, I insisted that we wait until after his wedding day which would put me at about 9 weeks pregnant was all.  Well, little did I know that Jord would insist upon telling the day after their wedding.  This didn't give me any time to plan something fun and cute, so instead I quickly went out and bought Roxey a Big Sister shirt that she wore to see her Nana and Papa Sorensen and then she wore it again when we Skyped with my parents that Sunday.  Not very creative, but still got a great reaction out of the grandparents!

Early on I asked my doctor when he typically did the gender ultrasound and he said he could tell us at 16 weeks.  This seemed so early to me, and I got so excited  inasmuch as that would allow us to find out right before my parents returned from their mission.  Well, I kept telling myself that with it being so early on, that we may not be able to get a definite answer and to not be disappointed.  Sure enough, the baby was breech and crossing it's legs!  I tried to play it off, but as we left I just had too many fun plans of announcing the gender that I really wanted to know then and there.

We quickly picked Roxey up from our neighbor's and drove out to Fetal Photo.  I couldn't believe I was doing this especially with Roxey there, but in a way I think it was a great atmosphere for her to see the baby.  She got to see the baby move and thought it was so fascinating.  Well, fortunately this did give us a definite answer, so I was able to carry out my plan.  I made these announcements to send out to Jordan's family and some of mine that would not be to our family dinner the night my parents got home.

They were super easy to make and now I want to think of millions of other ways to use this "scratch off" idea.  So far all I can think of is for asking to dances, and that won't be useful for a while.  Anyhow, then I volunteered at my family dinner to bring the dessert and made these simple cupcakes where I put cream filling in the center the color of the gender.

We're having another girl and as of right now, we believe her name will be Penelope!  We couldn't be more excited.  Roxey will be a wonderful big sister!

Oh and if you didn't catch this, my parents are home from their mission, so I don't know that I will have much motivation to blog, not that I did that great while they were gone anyway.  If I don't, it's not like you're going to miss out on much, you know the fun news, and I'm just going to get fat from here on out, so maybe it's best that my next post be in March once Penny is born!

4 comments:

The Oborn Supremacy said...

Yeah! I'm so excited for you and Jordan and Roxy! So fun!

Boni said...

Sisters are wonderful! I'm so excited for you, although I was hoping on passing on my boy clothes to you...oh well! That's wonderful news! :)

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh yay!!!! I'm beyond excited for the 3 of you! That is such great news! Sisters are the best!! I love reading your updates on here. So if you are not going to update often, we really need to be better at planning play dates! Congrats again!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Mekensy told me that I was missing something on your blog... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't believe I hadn't checked sooner! I am SO happy for you and your darling family. You are an amazing mother. I can't wait for you to have another sweet girl and for Roxey to be a big sister. Hope you're feeling okay!!