Our sweet Penelope Evelyn Sorensen was blessed this month. My mother made her dress, it was gorgeous, and my sister made her darling bracelet. My neighbor down the street is toying with the idea that she would like to start a catering business, so I had her do a test run on me and our little open house afterwards. She had everything done the night before, so I was able to have everything set up and ready to go. It was such a stress free day! I felt guilty not cooking for my family, but with Jordan working so much, I basically had to get everything else ready myself. I weeded and put compost throughout our entire yard, and cleaned the whole house including our crazy basement since our "playroom" is down there now. (In all honesty, I think unfinished basements are so fun because you can get away with doing random stuff and not needing it to look perfect. Like right now we have a large train set up, a school area and a large playroom.)

 |
| We filled a baby bottle with pennies (get it because we call her Penny :)) and the person that guessed the closest got to take it home. Well, below are pictures of Roxey helping put the pennies in. She loved this job and is a good helper! |
Some things that stood out to me in Penelope's blessing were that she is patient and is a good communicator. She really is a pleasant baby. Also, it was mentioned that she would serve a mission and with the age requirement being lowered, I can see many more sisters serving, and I do hope my daughters will if they desire. It truly changes your life and I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the people I was able to teach on my mission. It is fun to think of the ripple affect especially now that my mission was so long ago, some of the people I taught probably have gone on to have children of their own or quite possibly have served missions as well.
I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but Roxey loves to attend plays and I mean LOVES to! It is hard when she is constantly putting in requests, but I do well to take her to quite a few. The best was right after Penny was born, I was able to take her to an outdoor one of Aladdin so I didn't have to worry about Penny being perfectly quiet. Well, that play got me to thinking, and as a family, we decided we really wanted to go to Tuacahn. I had never been and Mary Poppins is playing there which is one of Roxey's all time favorite movies. So with the help of Jordan's parents driving and hooking us up with a sweet condo to stay in, we were able to go while my mother in law watched Penelope. Roxey did so well with it being late at night. She loved it when Mary flew and her favorite song is Step in Time. I love to hear her sing the songs because she can do a pretty good English accent!
 |
| St. George Temple |
Shortly after returning from St. George, we got to go on another adventure up to my friend's house in Henefer. We have a tradition of going up there every June, I had to miss last year, so we were so excited to go this year. Roxey was so confident in riding the horse all by herself and she fell in love with their puppies. So it begins, my having to explain why we will never own a dog!
Penelope is three months old now. I am trying to be good about taking her picture each month with the bear that Roxey gave her. I took Roxey's picture each month on the quilt that my mom made as a fun way to gauge her growth. Well, I thought the bear would be a good size comparison and that it would be fun to see how tattered the bear became over the year as Penny began to play with it. I forgot to take in to account her older sister whom I forgot had a tendency with all of her bears to pull the nose threads out. Sadly, she already had a go on this bear. Oh well!
 |
| Penny at 3 months old |
 |
| Roxey at 3 months old |
 |
| Roxey wanting to do a bear picture too which was odd since normally she runs from the camera these days! |
Last but not least, we had fun spoiling the best dad in the world on Father's Day! What lucky girls!
1 comment:
Cute pictures, I like the idea of placing her by a bear. Fun girls!
Post a Comment