Friday, August 2, 2013

Stages in Life

So as many of you know, Jordan works a lot. He is gone for at least 10 hours a day if not more. Like right now, he left for work at 8:30 and still isn't home though it is 10! He is amazing though because when he is around he tries to give the girls as much of his attention even though he is dead tired. Sometimes that might mean just cuddling on the couch, other times it can be teaching Roxey to swim. I paid money for swim lessons, yet she learned more in one session with Jordan. She is so brave and will hold on to his back while he goes under water! She jumps in and can swim to him. Anyhow, the point that I wanted to make is that although we miss him immensely, we see this as our sacrifice stage. Our time to try and get back on our feet, so no complaints, we are so happy and grateful for his job. More than that though I am so thankful that I have these two beautiful daughters to help pass the time with. They are so fun together and are both at such great stages in life.


Roxanne is growing up so fast. She will start preschool this fall and I don't know who is more excited, myself or her. It's not that I want her out of the house, I just think it will be her niche and she will develop an amazing part of herself through education, so we're excited! Here are some Roxey highlights as of late...
Roxey is amazing at doing chores, in fact she loves to help out; however, sometimes if I hand her something to put away, she will instead say that she wants to wear it so as to avoid putting it away :).  She really is a big help though and takes pride in making the house look good for when dad gets home.

As I mentioned earlier, Jordan has helped Roxey learn how to swim so well this summer, that she was a little bored during swim lessons.  Here the instructor was asking them to kick their legs, but instead my daughter decided to jump in.  Not the best listener, but an awesome swimmer!  Nobody's perfect!
So although Penny can't "do" much, the fact that she is holding up her head so well and sleeping through the night is huge!  We are so proud of her, she is such a sweet baby!



Roxey demonstrating her great love for our country!

4th of July with the Sorensen's

Doing pop-its- her favorite!


Our neighborhood had a small little Pioneer Day parade for the kids.  Since Jordan was at work, it meant that I needed to be an escort to Roxey so here was my sad attempt at decorating our stroller as well in order to be in the parade.  Roxey was beaming the whole time, it was so cute.

Fireworks with dad (and a slurpee that he brought home), Roxey couldn't have been happier!

Other highlights for this summer...
Getting to see the play Peter Pan with cousin Jane and her family.   Roxey loves Jane so much because they are so close in age.  The last time we went to the zoo together, they held hands like the entire time!

We celebrated Roxey's half birthday by getting her a water table (we used an Amazon gift card from Christmas finally!)  I think in the future since our girls birthdays are both in the winter that rather than celebrating their half birthdays, instead we will have a summer celebration and get them something for the summer, because it was a bummer this Christmas to get Roxey a bike that she couldn't even use for a while.
We had 3 precious baby Robins in our backyard.  I loved watching the mama bird come and feed them; however, when she would come back with not enough food for all of them, I wondered if she had a method for knowing who got the last worm!  At one point one of the baby birds fell out and I wanted so much to get a Snort to put it back in, but luckily the mom knew where it was and fed her out of the nest and now they're all gone.


4 Month Comparisons



I took this picture just to document how well Penny was holding her head up and had a flashback realizing that I did the same thing with Roxey in the same pajamas.  They are a lot a like these two cutie pies!

No comments: