Friday, April 24, 2009

Celebrations

Yea!!! We finally closed on our Herriman home. Well, at least on our end, their loan hasn't cleared yet, but let's not go into that and take away from this happy moment. Things have been so busy and I have lost track of how many times we have had to clean and move things out of that house, but we can wash our hands of it all now. I don't think Jordan and I are going to know what to do with ourselves. I can say this much though, we will be driving up to Farmington a lot since we are now proud owners of a hole in the ground there.
We are so excited to move to Farmington and hope that it will be a wonderful place to stay for many years to come. I'm guessing that moving has been compared to giving birth at times. This process was very painful for us and we vow that we will never move again, but give it some time and we may be open to the thought someday far down the road of life. Anyhow, our realtor was awesome and he was so kind to offer his time share up in Midway to us for an extended weekend. We are excited to go in a couple of weeks when I am off track. We are all about "staycations" these days. They are fun to get away, but you don't have to worry about costly airfare, rental cars, etc. For our 3rd year anniversay at the beginning of April, we were able to go and spend a night in downtown Salt Lake. We didn't have anything planned for the first night there, so on our way to dinner, we stopped and put our names in for a raffle to get tickets to Wicked. Our names were not called, but that didn't put a damper on our evening. We simply carried on to Macaroni Grill where we had a fantastic meal for free. Food always tastes better when it's free! The following day we were able to go and do a session at the Salt Lake temple which is always amazing and brings back fond memories of our wedding day. Then we went to see Phantom at the Hale Theater. I love that my husband appreciates the arts, we have so much fun together on all of our adventures. Here's hoping for many great times to come!

5 comments:

alison said...

So glad you posted this. I am glad the day "finally" came and you can feel some relief! The video is adorable--sorry I wasn't there! Good Luck with the next stage of planning and getting ready to make the final move. Stop in some time when you are up this way!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Yay!!! Your house is finally sold! I can't wait to see pics of your new house being built... how exciting! Congrats on the anniversary! Looks like you guys had a great night!

Laura Hyde said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy that you were able to close on your house. I'm sure it's nice to feel like your moving in the direction you want to be...you have been very patient! Hope things continue to move forward the way you hope.

Boni said...

Wahoo! That's awesome Shannon! I'm so happy for you guys. I've been thinking a lot about you two and glad to hear good news. The best part is we'll be neighbors now! Yay!

Heather said...

So happy to have your closer! We'll check on the progress of your house and try not to scare off your new neighbors!