Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Potpourri Post

I lOvE being a mom! Not a day goes by (depending on my hormone levels :)) that I don't cry as I look at Roxey or smile so hard that it hurts.


We have this little tradition to take Roxey's picture on a quilt her grandmother made every month milestone. I love her two month birthday picture, she smiled! Already photogenic my little one!

Now that she is two months old, guess what that means... SHOTS! I was so nervous that I scheduled the doctor's appointment late so that Jordan could come and help out. Needless to say, he did all the work since he is my cool cucumber! When it came time for the shots, I was so proud of Roxey, she only cried for a little bit and we were able to console her afterwards. In fact, those that were in attendance, she cried more during her baby blessing than she did getting her shots! I hope that is not an indication of how she is going to accept us teaching her the gospel! Just kidding she is a sweetie pie. She has already put up with us reading the Doctrine and Covenants to her when she was in the womb, now she gets every song from the Children's song book sung to her by her not so talented parents and loves it!

As a side note, she weighed 10 pounds at her appointment which puts her in the 30th percentile. I'm not too worried about that since we had some problems with nursing recently and now that she is strictly on formula, she eats like a mad dog. However, her height was 22 1/2 inches which put her in the 75th percentile! Our child? Either she is going to outgrow her parents by age 12 or this is just a fluke and she will become vertically challenged like us.


It is crazy trying to fill the day with activities since I am not to keen on going out into the germ infested world yet, but I try to alternate between activities for her mind, then ones for her body and ones with me constantly in her face and others on her own. The video posted below was suppose to be an activity on her own, but I couldn't help but watch. She was smiling so much. Of course by the time I got the camera the novelty had warn off a little bit, but she still looks happy, just not grinning from ear to ear like she had been. (Sorry the video turned out fuzzy once I uploaded it and you have to hear my "mommy voice".)

Anyhow, those reading this, I would love to hear what were some of your favorite activities to do with your newborns so that I can expand my repertoire and learn from your expertise.




This last Sunday was Roxey's baby blessing. There were some definite highs and lows to the day. The low was that Roxey had been perfect all day until we got to church. She cried and cried during her blessing. This made me sad because she loves her daddy and he had wonderful things to say in her blessing. It was nice however afterwards to have family and friends over in the comfort of our own home. She was still a bit crabby, but it was fun to be with everyone. One thing especially exciting is that Roxey has a cousin just one month younger than her, Baby Jane. Here is a picture of us all. I think they will have fun growing up together.




3 comments:

Boni said...

So cute, I love the photo shoot pictures. I read in a book that black and white horizontal lines are good for the newborns to look at. So I'd have my boys sit in front of the blinds...sounds weird, but oh well.

Heather said...

I photo of her on the blanket with her smiling is the first time I've thought she really looks like you! Whether she looks like you or Jordan, she's adorable. The blessing was great, thanks for having us.

Melissa said...

your baby is beautiful! Im so happy for you and am glad you love being a mom. we almost named our last baby Roxey, but thought Roxey Romans was a little much especially considering she has a cousin named Rocky Romans. Anyway, you look amazing. I bet you are the best mother.

ps. Ellie said congratulations and to tell you your baby is adorable.
pps. I think I went to highschool with Jane's mom.