Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference Weekend


Happy Easter Everyone!
What a wonderful weekend! I am so glad we have a DVR because now I will be able to listen to the talks all over again and pay closer attention. I did notice that many of them were directed to parents and I can't tell you how happy I am to be a part of that targeted audience now. We had a lot going on this weekend. Both Jordan and I had mission reunions and we decided to treat them like our 10 year high school reunions (scary to think we have been home from our missions that long). We would go this once and call it good. Jordan's was nice, but very few people were there, mine had a bunch, but I only ran into one missionary I knew, fortunately it was my greenie. I guess those are the odds when you serve a state side Spanish speaking mission, and were a sister missionary to boot. We typically only had 8 of us serving at a time.

My parents held an Easter egg hunt for the grand kids on Saturday and then that night my in-laws had the fellas go to priesthood while that ladies did crafts. The taggie blanket I did with a lot of help from my sister-in-law, Bethany, then the hair accessories we ran out of time to make, but Kate told me how and surprisingly I was able to execute them on my own. (That tells you how easy they are to make!)
Here's her taggie blanket and she decided to show off how high she can lift her head right when I shot the picture.



(I know this headband isn't age appropriate for Roxey, but the only models I have are her or Jord and since they have the same hairline, I thought it best to use a girl!)

It is interesting because now that I am a stay at home mom, I have begun to have an itch to do projects and seeing that I don't have any current skills, it means that I need to work really hard to acquire them. This could possibly be short lived because I find myself "bored" while Roxey takes a good nap, soon she will be up more during the daytime, and she always will be my favorite hobby!

3 comments:

alison said...

I love this post! Thanks for stopping by on Sunday! She was by far the CUTEST Easter bunny we saw! Sure love you guys!
P.S. The blanket turned out great! Congrats!

l i z said...

such cute things you make (baby included)!

wasn't conference wonderful! so uplifting.

Tiffany said...

Oh Shannon, she is precious. Isn't being a mom of a little girl the best!