Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ode to Jordan


My sweet husband was laid off from work this week and as always, he handled the situation like a true saint. We suspect that one of MonaVie's biggest distributors was backing out because he didn't feel like he was making enough. It drives me crazy when someone feels that MILLIONS of dollars is not enough to live on, and therefore the company had to do a lot of restructuring which we estimated meant laying off around 50 people. When Jordan was called into the office with two of his coworkers to be told the news, his coworkers instantly laid into the people letting them go saying things like "What about our families?" or "We can't live on that severance package!" (Can you blame them, I would be saying the same things!) But not Jordan, instead he commended them for running such a wonderful company and for allowing him the great opportunity of working there for the time that he did. This caused the men to cry and say that they did not expect to hear anything positive that day.
Jordan is such a hardworking man, in fact as we speak he is helping a neighbor in their yard. He is constantly doing that and yet our yard looks immaculate all the time too. Just last week he took the time to mow a croquet course in our backyard! Anyone is welcome to come and play.
Anyhow, I think blogging serves many purposes. Sometimes to share joy, others to vent, and in this case, to get the word out, because it is a difficult topic of conversation to carry on again and again. So now you all know and I want to thank you in advance for your love and support as I know our wonderful family and friends will give us during this challenge that we seem to be becoming all too familiar with. Hopefully we will learn what we need to this go around so that it doesn't have to happen to us again, at least not for a long time!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for letting us borrow Jordan again. We're so lucky to have such great neighbors. Good luck with everything, and as always, let us know if there's anything we can do.

Boni said...

Oh, Shannon!!! I'm so sorry to hear the news. That's really neat the way that Jordan handled the situation. My prayers are with you guys! Love ya. Maybe one of these nights we can bring in a dinner? That is if you trust my cooking :) I'll call you.

Summer Blackhurst said...

You're in our prayers too! Love, Summer

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

I'm so sorry to hear your news. I always look forward to your posts, but this was not one I wanted to read :( I must say that Jordan is a true example for all of us and how he dealt with the situation speaks volumes about his character. Sorry for this trial in your life, I hope he has luck finding a job soon. xoxo

JP and Sarah said...

Well, Jordan was never a "drinker" anyway. haha Dang company! They let go someone great! He'll find something. I'm not worried!

By the way, cute hair. Shannon. Not Jordan. :)

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. That says a ton about Jordan and how he handled the situation. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. I do believe everything happens for a reason. With that said, I have tons of faith that this trial will lead him to something even better! Good Luck!

Laura Hyde said...

Hey Shannon! I can't believe how big Roxey is! She is adorable, I love the pictures! Sounds like you guys are busy and livin' it up! Not much slows you guys down. I'm sure this won't either. Jordan will be snatched up by someone soon I'm sure so have fun together while he has some "free time"... :) Miss you.