Friday, September 17, 2010

Please Don't Go...

I would like to dedicate the song "Please Don't Go" by KC and the Sunshine Band to summertime. I am seriously freaking out wondering what on earth I am going to do in the winter to entertain both Roxey and I. I don't have fond memories of last winter since I was mortified of taking a newborn out and to make matters worse, Roxey hated her car seat and couldn't focus in public places to drink her bottle. Well, a lot has changed, she loves car rides and does most of her talking there and just the other day I was able to feed her in the mall. Now mind you, she still is somewhat of a homebody, but progress has been made.

Anyhow, a few of Roxey's favorite things to do are go on walks, sit out on our front porch and watch cars and birds go by, and best of all she likes to swim. All of which can only be done in the summer really. Yesterday, we took her swimming for what will most likely be the last time this summer, check it out...

I know for myself that in the winter I love to just curl up and watch all the great shows on t.v. and think warm thoughts, but I am already feeling guilty for letting Roxey watch 15 minutes of her beloved Seasame Street a day that I don't think watching more television is a winter solution for her. So, I am asking you moms, what do you do with a baby in the winter?

4 comments:

Bethany said...

we spend all winter watching videos on people's blogs so keep 'em coming! what a cutie!

JP and Sarah said...

That is so funny! Winter? Hmmm... I don't know yet. I will let you know. I am in the same pickle, although, my little one will get into anything now so she entertains herself. It's great and also not so great at the same time. She is really into pulling the pitchers out of the cabinet and then crawling inside. :)

Boni said...

You hang out w/ other moms like me!!! :) Of course, all the kids need to be healthy to do that...here's hoping! :) I still go for small walks in the winter, I just bundle the kids up real good, and of course not on terribly cold days. But you'd be surprised at the sunshiny days in the afternoon that still allow for a walk here and there.

Heather said...

Love the swim video, so cute! The mall is a good place to get out, but then you have to watch spending money. South Towne has a merry-go-round so we go there sometimes. Boni's right, you just do more with other moms. But just the healthy ones.