Friday, November 26, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Well, without a doubt the answer to that question this Thanksgiving was... my husband finding a job! It's ironic that of the countless number of jobs that he applied for, there was one outside the Salt Lake Valley that Jordan casually applied for and as it turns out they loved him and snatched him up. So we are not too thrilled about the commute, but they were willing to work with him and he will be able to work from home one day a week to cut down on his driving. We are especially excited that it is in marketing which will allow him to finally put to use the knowledge he gained from his MBA that we are still paying for :)!

For our anniversary back in April, I bought Jord a two night stay at Zermatt that we could use anytime in the next year. We decided to have faith and plan the trip so that he could be ready to start a new job and not need to take time off. Well, we did just that last Thursday and he was offered this job on Monday, so our strategy worked.

We had so much fun up there. Most of our meals were included which was amazing and it was cute taking Roxey to the fancy dinner. She looked so adorable and was well behaved. I think those meals spoiled her because now she is refusing her lame baby food. Help! What do you feed toddlers?This restaurant had a train running around the top and Elmo on the window, Roxey was in heaven!

Now it was Jordan's turn to be in heaven as he enjoyed our seafood buffet. I however enjoyed the dessert buffet a little too much.


Sleeping in the same room as Roxey was not my fondest memory, but seeing her joy of swimming again was a definite highlight.

4 comments:

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

What a fun little getaway! I'm so happy to hear that Jordan found a job!!! Where exactly is he working?

Little Roxey is such a doll! They grow up way too fast!

Summer Blackhurst said...

Yippee for a job and fun trip!!!

Meredith West said...

Yeah for the job!! So excited to see in you a few days!

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh yeah, I'm so glad to hear that Jordan found a job! And it sounds perfect!
So fun, I have been wanting to go stay at the Zermatt! I'm glad you were able enjoy some time before Jordan starts his job! Great strategy plan, that seems to always work!