Can you believe it? Roxey is now ONE!
Now I'll admit, in those early months after having her, I reassured myself that by the time she was one she would be sleeping through the night, I'd be ready for the day before 10, and the baby pounds would finally be shed, but none of those came to fruition. However, other hopes and dreams (less selfish ones) have been fulfilled. We are a happy family with a beautiful and fortunately hEaLtHy baby.
When it came time to plan Roxey's parties, I knew without a doubt that both Elmo and swimming, her two favorite things, had to be involved. So the day before her birthday, we invited all of her little cousins to come swimming at the Lion's Club. It was awesome! Roxey was in heaven. There was a shallow part where she could walk, and she actually ended up taking her first 3 steps alone in the pool! There was also a big playground with water shooting out everywhere which she loved.
Afterwards, we went to Jordan's parents home for cake and ice cream. I was in charge of the cake, and I'll be honest, things had been crazy so I decided to scale down my high hopes of making an Elmo cake for her, so instead I set out to simply make Elmo cupcakes. Well, again because I was short on time, I lost patience with the fact that I couldn't get the icing red and decided we would just have them be pink. No big deal, she's a girl. Well, Jordan wouldn't hear of that, so not only did he turn the pink cupcakes into Elmo's but he did so also to the small square cake that was intended for the adults. He's a cutie!
Lucky for me, we were having two parties, so I had time to redeem myself. Ironically right before her second party, one of my neighbors lent me her Elmo cake pan which made a huge difference. (I still had to utilize Jordan's artistic abilities though.)
So for FHE we had my family over to our house for cake and ice cream. I had Roxey's name printed out for the cousins to color. My nieces were all over that; however, nephews chose to play the Wii instead.
No pictures of the boys playing the Wii, but you can paint this picture in your head-our t.v. and other little ones almost got taken out!)
With both parties I can say that Roxey was not too fond of everyone singing to her, and she didn't dive into her cake and get all messy. She did like the ice cream though-much like her mom.
Oh, and one other obsession that I left out, mainly because it is a given that it will be at a birthday party, and that is Roxey's love of balloons. She makes me stop in the store any time she sees one, so of course the next morning, never mind all the fun toys she received, instead she went straight for her Elmo balloon. What a funny girl! I love her to pieces!

4 comments:
What a fun birthday. It's hard to believe she's one already. That's cute that she loves Elmo so much!
HaPpY BiRtHdAy RoXeY!!! Isn't it crazy how time flies! What a fun birthday for your sweetie! Great idea to go swimming and of course a fun Elmo theme. We just had B's party last night, they grow up way too fast but they are SO MUCH FUN!!!
I really can't believe she is one already! Time really flies! I hope everything is going better for you.
Happy Birthday to Roxey! That girl gets cuter and cuter every time I see her. After her many growing experiences at hospitals and such, she has a lot to show for that tiny 1 year of life! I'd say she has earned her cake. :) I hope her 2nd year brings all of you a little more peace and lots of joy...and maybe a visit from us in February??? I like this month for visits, well, if we could warm it up a little!
Think of you often, take care!
Post a Comment