Well, yesterday I literally wasn't there for her in a time of need. She was playing near our entertainment center and I ignored a prompting to move her away. Before I knew it, she fell into one of the knobs and ended up having to get 4 stitches above her eye. After countless hours of getting down on myself, I remembered a conference talk (which one I can't recall), but it said to try and laugh when times get hard. Well, times are definitely hard for our family right now, so I struggled to find the humor in this situation. But ultimately I did.
See as a family member or friend reading this, I can guarantee that at one point you have either thought or verbalized how you think Roxey looks just like Jordan. Well, as it turns out, this potential scar that will be there for the rest of her life (yes, I still feel immense guilt) is over the same eye that her father has a scar. She is now all more like her father and that is why I love her (and him) so much!
1 comment:
The "mom guilt" don't we all have it? I'm sorry Roxey had to get stitches though, that's not fun. How did I not know that your parents are going on a mission? That's so cool! I've been meaning to call you, we've actually had a very healthy winter (so far, knock on wood), so I'd like to get together sometime. :) I hope things get better for you.
Post a Comment