Whether referring to my daughter or what my husband has been through, both could be defined by these two words-Tough Stuff.
So this post will be too depressing that I don't even want to add pictures to the pain. Hopefully I will quickly post ones from Christmas to brighten things up.(That is once I get them, see Jord left our camera at his parents house Christmas Eve, so I had to run over to my parents house late at night to borrow theirs to capture Roxey's first Christmas... there's always drama around here!)
Well, so here it is, a week before Christmas Roxey had the typical cold going around. By day 3, I wasn't able to suck anything up in the bulb, so I thought we were in the clear. Quite the contrary, instead the mucus had settled down in her lungs. She woke up wheezing Tuesday morning, sounded just like me when I have an asthma attack. I didn't know if it merited going into an instacare or if we could wait to see her doctor. I made the mistake of waiting. By the time we got into the doctor, she was so frustrated and angry. She got so worked up that her heart was racing and she choked 3 times on her own mucus. Yes, she stopped breathing while in the doctor's room and I was the one that had to help her breath again. (I was not too impressed by the pediatrician at this point.) Due to these two things, the doctor called an ambulance. I broke down in tears because we are uninsured right now. Quickly, I gathered myself together and put on a happy face to help my child. We had a nice ride up to Primary Children's where I will spare you the details, and simply say it is hard to watch your baby struggle.
What I was able to gain from this experience was that at a crazy time of year, it helped to pause and put things into perspective. I was so thankful that Roxey was able to get medical help quickly and when I would often grimace at her pain and suffering, it caused me to reflect upon our Savior.
Well, as if that weren't enough, the day we came home from the hospital, Jordan was laid off from work yet again. His new boss recently hired a President of the company that has some buddies in Las Vegas who do marketing, so they let Jordan go after only 3 weeks thinking it will be easier to outsource, they are in for a big surprise.
We are healthy and happy and encounter blessings daily; however, we do hope that the new year will bring greater stability for our family and immense joy to all of you! Happy New Year!
6 comments:
I'm so sorry for all your trials and stress. Please please please know that we are here to help with anything we can, and that you are in our prayers. Here's to a better year!
Man Alive. Shannon, I'm sorry. What did your baby have?
ps we are praying for you too!
pps at least Jord doesn't have to drive to Utah County for work anymore ;)
Oh Shannon, sometimes it seems the trials never end, does it? I know that you are "tough" and you'll make it through. It is so hard seeing our kids suffer, too. Hope things get better soon.
Wow Shannon, I am so sorry. What an emotional roller coaster. I am so glad Roxey is doing better. There is definitely nothing worse than a sick baby. I am also so sorry about the loss of Jordan's job. We will be praying for you.
You are an amazing women.
Oh Shannon, I'm so sorry. I hope Roxey is feeling better. We have been thinking of you. I'm so sorry to hear about Jordan's job. I would love to still try and plan to get together, once things calm down for you. We would love to see you and sweet Roxey!
Shannon- I wish I could give you and Roxey and big huge hug right now. Consider this one XXXXXXX. Keep hanging in there. I sincerely hope things start looking up. love ya
Post a Comment