Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Don't Give Up

Every one of my extremities has been crossed for the last little while, hoping Jordan will get a job. It is so hard to not become discouraged. He recently interviewed at a company four times and then was told he didn't get the job. We were so sad, but it just so happens that one of our neighbors works there and after wards told Jord that everyone was upset that they didn't hire him. The project that he did for them he said was amazing, and they ended up hiring someone fresh out of college. Isn't that how it goes, no one cares about all the experience my husband has and his MBA, it's that they want cheap labor! Anyhow, we won't give up.

Then I will have to admit that I was beginning to contemplate blogging anymore when I realized I can't quit, at least not for another year and a half. My parents recently left on an LDS mission to Australia. So if you thought my blog was lame before, well it's going to get worse because I will be posting for grandparents now!

I thought we did well this year to have the commercial Easter stuff on Saturday, but Easter Sunday was still overshadowed by something else, my parents. They had been in the MTC the week prior and had a glow about them this last weekend before they flew out. They will greatly be missed, but I am also excited for them and this awesome adventure.
Roxey's Easter loot on a small budget :)!

I put chocolate chips in her eggs. She loved them!

Jord giving Roxey a pep talk before her first Easter Egg Hunt.


The kiddies were told that no eggs were hidden in the flower beds; however, one insisted there was one. She was right, only it was a REAL egg!


We may have to go over to Grandma and Grandpa's while they're gone just to use this swing!

Roxey's cousins on my side.

Cousins on Jord's side.

Hunt #2!

Random: the other day Roxey brought me this handkerchief. I kept doing silly things with it, but it didn't suffice. Come to find out, she wanted to wear it. Already her girly "I want to play dress ups" side is coming out.

She also loves being quizzed on flash cards. They are constantly strewn about our home which is driving me crazy!

Finally, she loves Elmo, but we already knew that! What I was going to say is that she loves to play hide and seek with him. She is really good at finding him in tough spots, and she loves to feed him.
Silly girl!

1 comment:

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh Shannon, Roxey is so adorable! She just looks so big holding your hand and looking for Easter eggs! I love her Easter dress! That is a great family picture of the 3 of you!