Monday, June 6, 2011

Longest Winter EVER!!!

So we would all have to agree that this Utah weather lately has been pretty messed up. Between the yucky weather for soooo long, Roxey's health issues, and Jord's unemployment/underemployment issues, this has been the hardest winter for me to date. Thankfully all that's going to change. The weather is looking up (right?), which means fewer colds for Roxey to catch and then affect her asthma, and Jordan was offered a full time job this weekend. We hope that unlike times before, this one will stick. It will be a huge sacrifice since it is down in Provo and we will go from being around each other all the time, to hardly seeing one another, but beggers can't be choosers.

The Purple Knaves

The timing of his offer couldn't have come at a better time. We were headed to a party with all of his high school buddies, they call themselves the Purple Knaves. Don't ask me why. They are such a fun bunch- I call them the group of misfit boys because they are all so different from on another and it seemed that they became a group because they all needed each other in one way or another. They were a dynamic group, and it was fun that they could be together again. Even a few parents came because the moms go out to eat occasionally to stay in touch. Anyhow, we were just minutes away from the party when Jord got the job offer. After he got off the phone he said that he had been praying to get a job before he met up with is buddies. Well, his wish was granted.


With Jordan gone a lot more now, Roxey and I have been trying to stay busy. She loves to be out back with all of our fun neighbors or if the weather is bad just hang with Elmo.

What you lookin' at?

She loves to hug all her bears just after naps.


We play silly games down in the basement.

Peekaboo!!!


I've taken her to Hogle Zoo and Kangaroo Zoo recently trying to squeeze that in before school let out and they we swarmed with kiddies.

Braving the mouth of the dragon!



And last but not least, I signed us up for a Parent and Tot swim class. Today was our first day, and despite the fact that she is teething and crabby, she loved being in the water as always. I love my water baby!

Roxey is talking more and more, but my favorite word of hers still to date is Thank You. She says it all the time and in the most appropriate and timely situations, it melts my heart. So with that, I would like to end with her saying thank you on behalf of the Sorensen family. We can't thank our family, friends, and neighbors enough for helping us through this difficult trial. We felt great love and support and though it was tough, and still will be for a while as we try to bounce back, we never went without and always were strengthened by those around us. Thank you!!!!

5 comments:

Boni said...

Yay! So glad that Jordan got a job!!! :)

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

That has to be the cutest thank you EVER! She is so adorable. I am SO happy to read that Jordan got a job. Life can only get better right?! Congrats!

Lisa said...

You didn't tell me about Jordan's job! Congrats! I hope this is a really good one for you guys! Yay for summer!

Summer Blackhurst said...

Wahoooo on getting a job! Lets get together and make and decorate a cake to celebrate!

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh Shannon I'm so glad to hear Jordan got a job! YAY!!!! And I am with you it has definitely been the longest winter ever! We signed up for parent tot swim classes too... so fun!!!! And I just love that video of Roxey! She is the sweetest thing!