Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day Dad!!!


Jordan's first week at his new job went quite well. It is a great work atmosphere, he has had a lot to do, and as always Jord was positive about his long commute. The fact that I bought him a book he has been dying to read on CD to listen to on the way sure helped matters. It was his Father's day gift given early. He made it through the entire book in a few days. He now has a goal to read/listen to one book a week. Our budget can't afford that, nor does the library have that great of a selection, so does anybody know of a cheaper way to get audiobooks?

My creative sister-in-law (let's be honest, they're all creative, this one just happened to share her cute idea) told me about how she had her daughter who is Roxey's age make a cute tree for a Father's day present with her hand prints as the leaves, which then made me think of this present for Jordan below. It was fun to do paints with Roxey. She loved the feel of the paint on her hands. I wish I was a more adventurous mom and did things like this more often. I tried to do discovery buckets with her with different things like rice and beans and noodles to sift through with a shovel, but she kept trying to eat the beans so I had to bag the idea.

Some friends of ours invited us to Castle Park this last week. We had never been and I spaced taking a picture of the actual park which is amazing, but it was a lot of fun to be outside and enjoy a picnic together. Here's hoping that this summer we can connect with other friends that we haven't seen in a while.


No comments: