Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Destined to Dance

So I have been asked in the past if I would force Roxey to do ballet. Well, because I was forced to take piano and obviously did not have that talent in me, my motto with my kids is that they will only do things if they ask and continue to like it. Well, as fate would have it, I recently have been afforded the FUN opportunity to substitute teach a ballet class for 4-5 year olds at The Groove Dance Studio. I know the owner, who is named Roxey actually, and one day she said that I should bring my Roxey and check out the Mom and Tot class. I just kind of wrote that off because I didn't think Roxey was old enough; however, that same day when I turned music on at home, she on her own spun around with her arms in the air and then said twirl. I took that as a sign that dancing was in her blood and took her to the class.
SHE LOVED IT!!! (And so did I!)
Roxey before her first dance class. She is doing the "cheese" grin nowadays.

Doing her own thing!


Shake, rattle, and roll!


Roxey getting her first sticker for a job well done in class.

3 comments:

Boni said...

Too cute! I love it!

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

What a fun activity for both of you! She looks so precious. And that's so funny she was "twirling" on her own :)

Sean and Mekensy said...

Oh she is so cute! I love it! And what a fun thing for the two of you to do!