Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Help Wanted


About two weeks ago, Roxey gave up her binky on her own. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't easy, and she's gotten it back on occasion, but it really was her idea. One night she said that she wanted to put it up on the shelf, which is what she does with her stuffed animals once she wakes up and is done with them. Well, it was tough, but she slept that night and during her nap without it, so I told her we were going to go out and get a prize for giving up her binky. I put her in the car with no idea of what I was going to do and then she said "Jesus picture." Sure enough a few days prior I was getting stuff for my calling and she was playing with a picture that we put back and didn't purchase. That sounded like a perfect reward; however, it was only 10 cents, so then wanting to spoil her more for her big accomplishment, we went down a stuffed animal isle. Well, it was really hard to tell which one she liked the most because I have her trained to hug them and kiss them good-bye so that we don't end up buying anything usually. Finally, I narrowed it down to three and she choose a penguin. That night we read Pacifiers Are Not Forever, and a girl in the book was sleeping with a penguin- coincidence? I pointed to it and said she was a big girl like her now.

Then just a few days ago, Roxey was gearing up to do number two. I asked her if she wanted to do it on the toilet and she did willingly. This may be TMI but she said "Bye-bye Crocodile!" as she flushed it. I was laughing hysterically. Well, now she wants to go on the potty all the time. I have not researched potty training whatsoever nor do I want to spend money on Pull-ups, but I am getting tired of putting a diaper back on and off. Anyhow, I guess I should start to investigate and this is where your help comes in. What should I read? There is no way I am going to do that strategy of having a diaper off for 2 days or whatever, but I would love to hear what has worked for you moms. Since this is a yucky subject matter, you can call me rather than put a comment :).

Thanks a bunch and hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for my wonderful family and friends and look forward to spending time with each of you this holiday season.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We have the panty fairy come at our house. She comes on the night of their 3rd birthday (I don't really mess around before that because it has been a cinch to do it this way). I suppose this would work before then, so you will have to let me know. Basically what happens is the panty fairy comes into the room and takes away all the diapers and flings new panties all over the room. My girls have woken up, put on a pair of panties and off they go. There is usually one or two accidents, but it is pretty foul proof.