So then, I wondered what could be next. It needed to be simple, since my skills are so basic. I decided on a pillowcase for Christmas. Well, my simple idea, became complicated when I allowed Roxey to pick out her fabric. She picked out Rudolph because it is the only Christmas movie she has watched. I thought it was cute until I examined it more closely at home. Turns out it was meant to be cut out and made into a book, so it had writing in between the squares. Jord's solution was to simply go with it, but for those of you who know me well, I was not down with that. So I began to cut out the segments, only to find out (and cause me to twitch even more) a few of the squares were bigger than the others. So yes as I pieced them together it was a nightmare to line them up. I tried to relax and just let it go. It turned out cute and the best part of all, Roxey loves it. A new tradition is born, I want to give our kids a pillowcase with Christmas jammies and an advent calendar each year on December 1st. I think I can handle upholding that tradition, just maybe next time I will scrutinize the fabric choice a little more.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Sewing Bug
A couple weeks ago, I was invited to a baby shower of a friend. She was expecting a girl, so I decided to try my hand at making little legwarmers for her along with a matching bow. It turned out to be a lot of fun, so then I caught the sewing bug.
Well, all you talented seamstresses out there, what should I sew next, or maybe this was just a 24 hour bug and my machine will go back to collecting dust! :)
3 comments:
wow. Not surprised to find that you have yet another talent! I try so hard to not be jealous of all you are capable of!
Wow, it looks so cute. You have your Mom's sewing talent. I'll call you soon for our belated birthday lunch:)
My girls love pillowcases! They get them for all occasions. Try a pillowcase dress next. They are super easy and super cute. You can google a free pattern.
Post a Comment