Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Change of Heart

So I have to admit, Halloween is starting to grow on me. My mom hates Halloween, I can remember she would maybe put a bat on the front door is all, so as you can imagine, I didn't think it was that big of a deal growing up. Then I married Jordan. He loves Halloween! Things were a little different this year, but still and all we lived it up.

For starters, Jordan lost his job again (I'm not going to expound on that, you've all heard it before- 5 times now to be exact!), but quickly got one selling cars. He equates it to the army, they are working him hard, and Halloween was no different. So instead on Sunday we went to his parents house for some fun festivities. We had a wonderful dinner, then got all dressed up. The grandkids went trick or treating to the different rooms throughout the house. It was cute.




Then on Halloween day this meant that I had to fly solo. Roxey had a blast trick or treating, but I think she enjoyed answering the door with me more. Each time the doorbell rang, she would grab my hand and run. It was so cute. In between we watched Monsters Inc. (her favorite show) which I thought was very fitting.


With our family situation, I am really trying to make the best of things. We have been here many times before. I am hoping to stay positive and happy. Like Elder Uchtdorf said I should be happy now and not wait for my golden ticket. Someday I do hope that Jordan will have a stable job, but for now I can be happy that our needs are being met. Yes, these are hard times, but I know I am not alone in two ways. One I know so many who are suffering also, and two I am reassured each day that God is with me.


Tomorrow is my birthday, I can't believe I am 33! YIKES! Jordan works from 9-9 everyday right now, but can have one day off a week. (The dealership is closed Sundays fortunately so we can go to church together!) He decided to have Wednesdays off to be around to help watch Roxey while I teach my ballet class and during mutual night, so we went ahead and celebrated my birthday yesterday. Roxey was very curious and I can't believe how close her birthday is! I wish I could say that I feel wiser, but I think I am just getting older! I have the gray hairs to prove it!



When will this "dip it" phase end?!

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween and that we can all find many things to be grateful for with Thanksgiving approaching, no matter our circumstances.

5 comments:

Laura Hyde said...

You guys look so awesome in your Halloween Costumes! Well done - I'm not surprised, you are so talented! What a fun mom and wife you are!

Boni said...

Cute family Halloween pictures! Hang in there, you're tough and I love that quote by Elder Uchtdorf.

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Happy late Birthday! I LOVE your Halloween costumes! That is too cute.

Great quote by Elder Uchtdorf, you are amazing Shannon, thanks for your great example.

Summer Blackhurst said...

I was ALmost Dorothy for Halloween but the costume I got was too small.. I love your costumes--- I was looking for a creative way to do the tin man but did the scarecrow instead. We're twins!

You're amazing Shannon. I pray for you and know the Lord has great things in store for you!

Heather said...

Love the costumes! What a cute post.